Hondroksid belong to the drugs, the action of which is aimed at the regulation of metabolic processes in the cartilage tissue. The active ingredient has chondrostimulating, regenerating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Chondroxide is involved in the formation of the main substance of bone and cartilage tissue. The active ingredient of the drug has an effect on the metabolism in hyaline and fibrous cartilage. The tool slows down the degenerative processes in cartilage and connective tissue, and also suppresses the production of enzymes that provoke damage to the specified tissue.
After the course of treatment, the pain in the joints becomes less pronounced, and the mobility improves. The therapeutic effect is maintained for a long period of time after treatment.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Preparation with improving cartilage regeneration and anti-inflammatory action for external use.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Hondroksid ointment cost in pharmacies? The average price in 2018 is 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
1000 mg of gel contains:
- active ingredient: chondroitin sodium sulfate - 50 mg;
- Auxiliary components: ethyl alcohol (ethanol), isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol, 2-propanol), dimexide (dimethyl sulfoxide), sodium disulfite (sodium metabisulfite), propylene glycol (1,2-propanediol), methyl para-hydroxybenzoate (methyl paraben, nipagin, nipagin, niopagin, 1) ), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (propyl paraben, nipazol), orange flavoring (food flavoring "Orange"), purified water.
1000 mg of ointment contains:
- active ingredient: chondroitin sodium sulfate - 50 mg;
- auxiliary components: petrolatum, dimexide (dimethyl sulfoxide), distilled monoglycerides, lanolin (wool wax, anhydrous lanolin), purified water.
Chondroxide has chondrostimulating, regenerating and anti-inflammatory effects.
According to the instructions, Hondroxid is involved in the construction of the main substance of bone and cartilage tissue. It has an effect on metabolic processes in fibrous and hyaline cartilage. Helps reduce the rate of degenerative processes in connective and cartilage tissue, slows down or stops the activity of enzymes that cause damage to cartilage tissue.
Due to the action of the active substance in the composition of Chondroxide, the biosynthesis of proteoglycans occurs faster, regeneration of the cartilaginous surfaces of the joints is restored, and the production of intraarticular fluid increases. In addition, bone resorption is slowed down, calcium loss is reduced, and bone tissue recovery is accelerated.
According to reviews of Hondroxide, its use helps to slow down the development of osteochondrosis and osteoarthrosis, under the influence of the drug reduces pain and increases mobility of the affected joints, which greatly facilitates the patient's life. The therapeutic effect of the drug for a long time remains after the end of treatment.
Indications for use
Chondroxide in the form of a gel, ointment and liniment is intended only for external use. Use these forms of the drug for the treatment of the following diseases:
- osteoarthritis (a disease in which degenerative-dystrophic processes develop in the spine and joints);
- osteochondrosis (a disease in which dystrophic lesions of intervertebral discs occur);
- osteoporosis (a disease in which bone tissue becomes thinner, which causes frequent fractures).
Chondroxide is also used to stimulate the process of bonding the periosteum in bone fractures.
The preparation in the form of a lyophilized powder for the preparation of solutions is mainly used for the healing of wounds, trophic ulcers, newly formed bedsores. Apply the solution externally, topically. Although the ointment can also be used for wound healing, better results are noted when using the solution.
- pregnancy and lactation;
- individual intolerance to the drug and its components.
Caution with tendency to bleed.
For gel and ointment:
- damage to the skin at the site of application;
- hypersensitivity to the composition;
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Tablets are contraindicated.
Forms for external use are used with great care, after consulting with a doctor.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use ointment or gel Hondroksid should be applied 2-3 times / day on the skin over the lesion. Rub the ointment until completely absorbed for 2-3 minutes. The course of treatment with ointment is 2-3 weeks.
The gel is easily rubbed with a patting motion for 2-3 minutes until completely absorbed. The course of treatment with gel ranges from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months. If necessary, repeat the treatment.
In rare cases, allergic reactions may occur, while taking pills - diarrhea, nausea.
Sometimes there is diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. With prolonged use in large doses, hemorrhagic rashes may occur. Symptomatic therapy is used to eliminate the symptoms.
Avoid getting the drug on the mucous membranes and open wounds.
In case of contact with skin or clothes, the gel is easily washed off with water, leaving no residue.
With caution and after consulting a doctor should use the drug in children (efficacy and safety of use in pediatrics have not been established).
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interaction of the drug Hondroksid not described.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Hondroxide:
- Dasha. I am 43 years old with no problems with joints before, and then my knees became physical. loads disturb. Smeared Hondroksidom, really helps, but after three days itching and rash appeared. The mother-in-law, the owner of a pile of sores and a lover of all natural remedies and recipes, advised the toad stone gel for the joints, she has used it for many years. It is cheap and composition, judging by the description on the package, from natural ingredients. It smears well, the whole is absorbed and leaves no trace. It acts almost immediately, after 15-20 minutes. and knees stop whining. The gel works, though I use it for not so long, I will see how it will continue to act.
- Olga I use “Hondroksidom” with increasing age very often, because the arthritis gives me a sore throat. Particularly disturbing is the dorsal part, knees, and even the wrists. Twice a day I rub painful places with this ointment and literally in 2-3 days the painful symptoms disappear. In comparison with other articular preparations (Diclofenac, Fastum Gel, Ketonal, Alasen) I consider Hondroxid to be the most effective, at least for me.
- Zhenya. From the pain does not save, the effect of it is zero. In addition, the ointment is thick, it is inconvenient to apply it, or rather distribute it, so the consumption is large. I understand that its action is more directed to the cartilage tissue, but in the instructions it is indicated that it relieves pain. I can hardly buy it again, even this tube did not fully use
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Artra Chondroitin;
- Cartalag Vitrum;
- Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate;
- Chondroitin sulfate;
- Hondroxide gel;
- Chondroxide ointment;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store in a dry place inaccessible to children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C. Protect from direct sunlight. Shelf life - 24 months.