Sparex - myotropic antispasmodic, has a directional effect on the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, helps to eliminate spasms without affecting the full motility of the intestine.
The active substance blocks phosphodiesterase, eliminates spasms of the smooth muscles of the digestive tract and does not affect the normal intestinal motility. Against the background of the intake, the concentration of cyclic adenosine monodiphosphoric acid is stabilized. The drug does not have an anticholinergic effect.
The drug is produced by the Russian CJSC "CanonPharma Production".
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much is Sparex in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug Spareks is available in the form of capsules with prolonged action for oral administration.
- Each capsule contains 200 mg of the active active ingredient - Mebeverin hydrochloride, as well as a number of excipients.
The drug is available in blister packs of 10 and 15 pieces, 1-4 packs in a carton. Inside the box there is an instruction with a detailed description of the drug.
The active ingredient of the drug affects the smooth muscles of the large intestine, quickly relieves spasm, while not affecting intestinal peristalsis. Mebeverin is recommended for spasmodic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, as an independent or auxiliary drug. Anticholinergic action is completely absent, positive dynamics is observed 15-20 minutes after taking a single dose.
In oral administration of the drug Sparex, the active component is susceptible to presystemic hydrolysis, therefore it is not detected in the plasma. Mebeververin is metabolized in the liver, the process of decomposition to mebeverine alcohol and veratric acid occurs. Isolation of inactive metabolites is produced by the kidneys with urine, in insignificant concentration - with bile. Capsules are characterized by the property of prolonged release, so even with prolonged conservative therapy significant cumulation is absent.
Indications for use
Adult patients are advised to take the drug for relieving spasms of the gastrointestinal tract, including those caused by organic diseases, as well as with intestinal / biliary colic and irritable bowel syndrome.
Children over 12 years old Sparex is prescribed for the relief of abdominal pain in functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The drug has some limitations, so before you start using, you must carefully study the instructions. Sparex capsules are not prescribed to patients in the following cases:
- increased individual sensitivity or intolerance to the drug;
- age in children under 12 years of age (data on the use and safety of the drug are not provided);
- pregnancy and lactation.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the drug Sparex is prescribed only if the benefit of therapy for a woman exceeds the potential risks to the fetus. Take the drug should be careful.
During lactation, mebeverin is contraindicated. If therapy is necessary, breastfeeding for the period of treatment should be discontinued.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Sparex capsules are swallowed, swallowed whole and washed down with plenty of water.
Recommended dosage: children over 12 years old and adults take 200 mg (1 capsule) 2 times a day, in the morning and evening, 20 minutes before meals.
When following the instructions of the doctor and the recommended dosage is observed, the drug is well tolerated by patients. In persons with increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug may develop the following side effects:
- from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, heaviness and pain in the stomach, constipation, bloating and flatulence, enlarged liver;
- on the part of the heart and blood vessels - shortness of breath, bradycardia, a decrease in blood pressure;
- on the part of the nervous system - dizziness, lethargy, apathy, headaches;
- allergic reactions - urticaria, dermatitis, angioedema, in very rare cases, anaphylactic shock.
In case of exceeding the recommended doses, excitation of the central nervous system may be observed. Since the antidote is unknown to the victim, gastric lavage is carried out (but it is performed if no more than an hour has passed after taking the medication) and symptomatic therapy is prescribed.
No need to take any measures to reduce the absorption of the drug.
When conducting Sparex therapy, until the individual patient's response to the possible effects of the central nervous system is established, it is necessary to manage transport with caution and engage in precise or dangerous work.
Interaction with other drugs
To date, no features of the interaction of mebeverin with other drugs have been found.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Spareks:
- Tatyana. She took Spareks instead of the doctor-recommended Dyuspatalina + took Hermital digestive enzyme. The course of treatment was 14 days. On the 10th day of the reception, large red itchy spots appeared on the arms and legs, I understood that the allergic reaction Urticaria went. By itself, I am not allergic! Later, small rashes appeared on the neck and in the décolleté area as an irritation from shaving. Further medication stopped. Keep in mind and consult a doctor.
- Olga Reception Sparex perfectly helps with intestinal colic, quickly removes spasm and pain. I bought the drug according to my friends. It is a cheap medicine that is sold in every pharmacy. I always keep it in my first-aid kit, since digestive problems are not uncommon in my case. But I never take more than 2 tablets per day - it is dangerous.
- Anna. I have biliary dyskinesia, and if I step back a little from my diet, it reminds me of its presence of biliary colic. Together with my doctor, we finally picked up a good antispasmodic. Sparex me almost instantly relieves spasms, with all the famous nose just a meteor. For the price, too, the budget option is obtained, and certainly not subject to any sanctions, since the Russian production.
If the therapeutic effect of Sparex for the body is weak or completely absent, the doctor individually introduces a replacement. Effective analogues are such drugs:
- Trimedat. Myotropic antispasmodic regulates the motility of the digestive tract, contributes to the physiological activity of the intestine. Especially effective for intestinal colic. You need to drink three times a day for 1-2 tablets, drinking plenty of water.
- Trigan. This is an antispasmodic with an analgesic effect, which is administered intramuscularly with 20 mg once in antispasmodic conditions. Increasing the dose is made individually.
- Trimspa. Antispasmodic tablets are allowed to be taken in patients 12 years and older. Daily dosage - 200 mg 3 times a day before meals. It is required to swallow pills entirely, not to chew.
- Neobutin. Such tablets can be given to children from 3 years and older, individually adjust the dosage together with your doctor. adults are prescribed 1 00-200 mg three times a day, children 50 mg each with the same number of approaches.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Capsules should be stored in a protected light, moisture place, so that they could not get pets and children at a temperature of a maximum of 25 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 24 months after which it cannot be taken and must be disposed of.