Semax is a unique drug that has a mechanism of neurospecific effects on the CNS nerve cells.
This synthetic drug has a nootropic effect and does not contain hormonal activity. Semax affects the generation of the memory process and contributes to effective learning by increasing attention, concentration, helps to clearly analyze the information coming from the external environment.
With the help of the drug, the adaptation of the whole organism to such illnesses as hypoxia, cerebral ischemia is improved, protection against negative effects is developed, incl. and from anesthesia.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much are drops of Semax in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Composition and release form
Dosage form - nasal drops of 0.1% and 1%: transparent, colorless (3 ml each in bottles with a cork-pipette, in a carton pack 1 bottle).
- Active ingredient: methionyl-glutamyl-histidyl-phenylalanyl-prolyl-glycyl-proline, in 1 ml of drops - 1 or 10 mg.
Auxiliary components: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, purified water.
Semax drops, being an analogue of corticotropin, affect the body with the help of the nootropic properties of substances in the composition. They have antihypoxic, psychostimulating and antioxidant effects without disturbing the body's hormonal balance.
The drug is aimed at improving the internal organization of the brain, the central nervous system. Due to its regenerating properties, the drug improves memory, resumes the organization of structural memory sections, helping the body to better memorize information, conduct its analysis and concentrate. Using the brain also consists in adapting to certain processes, for example, anesthesia or hypoxia. It helps to cope with cerebral ischemia and other destructive effects on the central nervous system.
As a result of nervous exhaustion or mental fatigue, the body loses concentration, its mental abilities are significantly reduced, there is a lethargy of operator activity. In such situations, will help the course of the drug, which will not leave a trace from the problems.
These drops can be used by the course or used one-time depending on the degree of neglect of the problem and the required amount of help to the body. Based on the feedback from patients, the drug is absolutely safe: does not provoke allergies, is not toxic and, regardless of the time of use, does not cause addiction.
Indications for use
Drops of 0.1% are prescribed in the following cases:
- increase the adaptive capacity of the human body in extreme situations;
- prevention of mental fatigue in people engaged in monotonous camera work during particularly intense or stressful periods of work;
- discircular encephalopathy, transient disorders of cerebral circulation, neurotic disorders of various origins, including the recovery period after a stroke, after ionizing radiation;
- intellectual and mental disorders in vascular lesions of the brain, conditions after anesthesia, neurosurgical operations, traumatic brain injuries;
- optic nerve atrophy, neuritis of toxic-allergic and inflammatory origin;
- minimal brain dysfunction, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children over 7 years of age.
Drops of 1% are used in the complex treatment of ischemic stroke of moderate and severe in the acute period.
- Acute mental disorders and conditions accompanied by anxiety;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Convulsions, including in history;
- Children's age up to 7 years (for nasal drops of 0.1%);
- Children and adolescents up to 18 years of age (for nasal drops of 0.1% for use in neurosurgical and ophthalmic practice, for nasal drops of 1%);
- Increased individual sensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is prohibited to use during specified periods.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Semax is used intranasally. Store the bottle with a closed cap.
Nasal drops 0.1%
1 drop of solution (using a pipette) contains 50 μg of the active substance. For 1 time in each nasal passage, you can enter no more than 2-3 drops. In the case of the appointment of a higher dose of the introduction should be carried out in several stages at intervals of 10-15 minutes.
Recommended dosing regimens, depending on the indications:
- intellectual mnestic disorders in vascular brain lesions, transient disorders of cerebral circulation, dyscirculatory encephalopathy: single dose - 3-30 µg / kg (200-2000 µg), daily - 7-70 µg / kg (500-5000 µg), the multiplicity use - up to 4 times a day, duration of treatment - 10-14 days, if necessary, repeat courses are prescribed;
- conditions after neurosurgical interventions, traumatic brain injuries, anesthesia: 40-50 mcg / kg (1400-3500 mcg) 3 times a day for 3-5 days, if necessary, the duration of therapy is increased to 14 days;
- optic nerve neuritis and atrophy: 100-150 mcg in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day, daily dose - 600-900 mcg, the duration of treatment is 7-10 days. If necessary, the drug is administered by endonasal electrophoresis - from the anode, using a current of 1 mA. Daily dose - 400-600 mg. Duration of exposure - 8-12-15 minutes. The course of treatment is 7-10 days.
For the prevention of mental fatigue and increase the adaptive capacity of the human body, it is recommended to use Semax 2-3 drops in each nasal passage 2-3 times in the first half of the day. The daily dose ranges from 400 to 900 micrograms. The duration of therapy is 3-5 days, if necessary, repeat courses.
With minimal brain dysfunctions, children from 7 years old are prescribed 1-2 drops of the drug (50-100 mcg or 5-6 mcg / kg) in each nasal passage 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. The maximum daily dose is 400 micrograms. The duration of treatment is 30 days.
Drops nasal Semax 1%
In one drop of 1% solution of the drug contains 500 μg of the active substance.
- When treating a moderate stroke, 3–2 drops of a remedy are injected into each nostril at a time. Such procedures are carried out up to 4 times a day, with a break between instillations of 4 hours. The cumulative daily dose is 6000-12000 mcg.
- When treating a severe stroke, 4 drops of a remedy are administered in one nostril at a time. Such procedures are carried out up to 5 times a day, with a break between instillations of 3 hours. The cumulative daily dose is 12000-20000 mcg.
The duration of treatment is 10 days.
Mode of application
If the bottle is capped with a plastic screw cap:
- for initial use, you must remove the plastic screw cap and replace it with an attached pipette with a cap;
- type the drug in the pipette;
- slightly tilting the head to the side, squeeze out the required number of drops of the drug on the mucous membrane of the nasal passage.
If the bottle is corked with a dropper cap:
- it is necessary to carefully cut off the tip of the pipette, close the pipette tightly with a cap;
- Before use, the bottle should be turned over so that the liquid fills the entire pipette space;
- remove the cap and squeeze out the required number of drops of the drug on the nasal mucosa.
The preparation should be stored tightly closed with a pipette with a cap or a plastic screw cap, or a dropper cap.
According to the instructions, Semax is usually well tolerated. With prolonged treatment may be a slight irritation of the nasal mucosa.
Symptoms of overdose were not detected even with a significant increase in dosage.
Interaction with other drugs
Semax is rapidly destroyed and does not enter the digestive tract; therefore, chemically incompatible combinations are not formed.
It is undesirable simultaneous intranasal use with drugs with local vasoconstrictor action.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Semax drops:
- Olga I will not recommend it, but I will write the following: my dad was a diabetic and after a stroke, when he was overwhelmed with sugar, he became insane, aggressive, did not hear anyone and did not listen, we dripped him a drop of Semax. While he was dripping, he resisted, threatened, so I kept it, my mother dripped. But it was worth it, after a few seconds he calmed down and came to himself, he did not remember that he had a seizure. Therefore, personally for our family, the Semax were a magic wand.
- Nika. I recommend Semax to all who have loved ones suffered a stroke. These drops helped my grandfather to recover. After the stroke, he prescribed a bunch of drugs, but we did not see the progress. Began to look for other drugs. As a result, Semax was recommended to us by a district doctor. It turned out that Semax is in the Russian standard of stroke treatment. Speech, mobility, attention from his grandfather finally began to recover. The main thing is that optimism and a thirst for life have returned! We also plan semax courses for recovery.
- Natalia. The doctor prescribed me Semax after surgery, because there was general anesthesia, after which the memory processes supposedly worsen. I liked the fact that the drug is made in drops, it was not necessary to swallow bitter pills. But irritation of the mucous membrane at the end of the application was a little bit - there was an unpleasant itching in the nose, and it was necessary to dig this solution for 5 days. I personally had no other side effects on Semax, but the roommate, who also appointed him, complained of a headache. Regarding the restoration of memory, I can definitely say nothing, which was before the operation, and it remained so after — I do not seem to suffer from forgetfulness.
Below are the most common analogues of Semax: Cerebrolysin, Amilonosar, Ginos, Glycine, Gliatilin, Aminalon, Delezit, Biotropil, Intellan, Lucetam, Priracem, Omaron, Beefren, Stamin, Nofen, Fezam, Cerebril, Vinpocetin, Enzefe, izekrezefe, izeremone, Izere, Narafen
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store with tightly closed cap out of the reach of children, protected from light, at temperatures up to 10 ºС. Do not allow freezing.
Shelf life - 2 years.