Rheopoliglyukin is a substitute for plasma and other blood components intended to fill the circulating blood volume, preserve its physical state and maintain water and electrolyte balance.
Normalize hemodynamics, increase the volume of fluid in the bloodstream. Solutions of low molecular weight dextran, in addition, contribute to the improvement of microcirculation, reduce the aggregation of blood cells, blood viscosity.
Dextran solutions containing mannitol also have an osmodiuretic effect.
Plasma replacement drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Reopoliglukin cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 150 rubles.
Composition and release form
Rheopoliglyukin is produced in the form of an infusion solution, representing a colorless or slightly yellow liquid (200 ml or 400 ml in bottles for blood and blood substitutes, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle, in boxes of 24 and 40 bottles for hospitals).
The active substance is dextran (molecular weight 30000-40000) in an isotonic solution of sodium chloride (10 g in 100 ml of solution).
Characteristics of Reopoliglyukina:
- pH of the solution is 4.5-6.5;
- Theoretical osmolarity - 316 mOsm / l;
- Relative viscosity - 2.8-4.5 (not more than 5.5) at a temperature of 25 ° C.
Reopoliglyukin is a drug of low molecular weight dextran. Under its action, the fluid from the tissues enters the bloodstream, the viscosity of the blood decreases, which contributes to the restoration of its current in the capillaries. It also helps to reduce the aggregation of blood cells (erythrocytes). The increase in blood plasma is most noticeable within one and a half hours after administration of reopolyglukine.
Reopoliglyukin is involved in the stimulation of diuresis, preventing the reabsorption of water in the renal tubules. As a result, toxins and poisons are excreted (the detoxification effect of the drug).
Excreted by the kidneys. About 70% of the active substance is excreted on the first day after administration (mostly unchanged, some of them disintegrate to glucose). The half-life is 6 hours.
Indications for use
What helps? Reopoliglyukin apply:
- For the prevention and treatment of shock (surgical, traumatic, burn);
- In violation of capillary blood flow;
- For detoxification in peritonitis, burns, pancreatitis, etc .;
- To improve local circulation in plastic and vascular surgery;
- During heart operations performed using the heart-lung machine (to add to the perfusion fluid);
- For the prevention and treatment of thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, endarteritis;
- In diseases of the optic nerve and retina, inflammatory processes of the choroid and cornea.
The use of the solution for intravenous administration of Reopoliglukin is contraindicated in various pathological and physiological conditions of the body, which include:
- Allergy to dextrans, including past intolerance, intolerance to any of the components of the drug.
- Any condition of the body in which you can not enter large amounts of fluid.
- Pathological decrease in the number of platelets per unit volume of blood (thrombocytopenia).
- Pathology of the kidneys, accompanied by a pronounced decrease in their functional activity until the cessation of urine production (anuria).
Before you start applying the solution Reopoliglyukin should make sure that there are no contraindications.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Data on the safety of the use of Reopoliglyukin during these periods is not.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Reopoliglyukin is administered intravenously. The dose of the drug is set individually and depends on the patient's condition and the clinical situation.
Recommended doses and duration of therapy:
- Prevention and treatment of capillary blood flow disorders associated with various types of shock: 400-1000 ml (for 30-60 minutes) once or twice a day;
- Operations on the heart and vessels: before the operation - 10 ml / kg, during the surgery - 400-500 ml, after the operation - 10 ml / kg per administration for 5-6 days;
- Detoxification: single dose - 500-1200 ml (for children - 5-10 ml / kg) for 60-90 minutes. On the first day, if necessary, add another 500 ml of Reopoliglucin (children in the same doses). In the following days, the daily dose is 500 ml for adults and 5-10 ml / kg for children. It is advisable to simultaneously introduce crystalloid solutions (Ringer-acetate, Ringer, etc.) in quantities that can normalize the water-electrolyte balance. This is especially important after surgical interventions and in the treatment of patients with dehydration;
- Artificial blood circulation: the drug is added to the blood to fill the oxygenator pump (at the rate of 10-20 ml of solution per 1 kg of body weight). The concentration of the drug in the perfusion solution is not more than 3%. After surgery, Reopoliglyukin is used in the same doses as in shock;
- Ophthalmic diseases: the drug is used in 10 ml by electrophoresis. The procedure is carried out once a day.
In children, the total dose of Reopoliglyukin should be no more than 15 ml / kg per day.
During operations on the cardiovascular system, the recommended doses for children, depending on age, are as follows:
- 2-3 years - 10 ml / kg per day once (for 60 minutes);
- 4-8 years - 7-10 ml / kg once or twice a day;
- 9-13 years - 5-7 ml / kg once or twice a day;
- From 14 years old and older - adult dose.
In order to detoxify in children, the drug is administered in a dose of 5-10 ml / kg for 60-90 minutes.
When taking Reopoliglukina possible development of such side effects as an allergic reaction or hypotension.
Cases of drug overdose Reopoliglyukin not detected.
In connection with possible allergic reactions, the first 10–20 ml of the solution for infusions is recommended to be injected slowly, observing the patient’s condition. Given the possibility of arterial hypertension, it should be borne in mind that appropriate means for intensive therapy may be required.
Dextran with a molecular weight of 1000 can not be diluted or mixed with solutions of dextran for infusion. Dextran with a molecular weight of 1000 can be injected into / in through a Y-shaped branch or rubber tube of the infusion system, provided that during the injection process there is no significant dilution of the drug.
Interaction with other drugs
Before combining the introduction of drugs in the infusion solution should be checked for compatibility.
If necessary, the simultaneous use of anticoagulants, it is recommended to reduce their dosage.
In the case of an increase in diuresis, the introduction of colloidal solutions is recommended, which will ensure the maintenance of water-electrolyte balance.
When oliguria is introduced furosemide and saline solutions.
In general, the drug has proven to be an effective and necessary tool. According to reviews, the drug is effective according to the indications for use, rarely showing side effects.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Dextran 40;
- Dextran 70;
- Longasteril 40;
- Polyglucin dry;
- Reopoliglyukin 40;
- Reopoliglyukin dry;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store in a dry place out of reach of children at a temperature of 10-25 ° C.
Shelf life - 4 years.