Nootropil (active ingredient - piracetam) is a nootropic drug, which is a derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid.
Nootropil can, without any exaggeration, be called a reference nootropic. The mechanism of its action is associated with the impact on the course of metabolic and bioenergetic processes in neurons, the acceleration of the turnover of information molecules and the stimulation of protein synthesis.
The effect of piracetam on oxygen utilization and glucose metabolism is determined by the conditions in which the drug operates - aerobic or anaerobic
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Nootropil in pharmacies? The average price in 2018 is at the level of 260 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in tablets, capsules, as well as a solution for oral use and solutions for intravenous and intramuscular use.
1 coated tablet contains
- active ingredient: piracetam - 800 mg or 1200 mg;
- excipients: silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, macrogol 6000, croscarmellose sodium; opadry Y-1-7000 titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 400 of hyperpromellose 2910 5cP (E464), opadry (DY-S-29019 of hypermallose 2910 50cP, macrogol 6000.
1 capsule contains:
- active ingredient: piracetam - 0.4 g;
- Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, macrogol 6000, magnesium stearate;
- capsule shell: titanium dioxide (E171), gelatin.
In 1 ml of oral solution contains:
- active ingredient: piracetam - 0.2 g;
- auxiliary components: propyl parahydroxybenzoate, glycerol 85%, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharinate, glacial acetic acid, apricot flavoring, sodium acetate, caramel flavoring, purified water.
In 1 ml of the solution for oral administration 33% contain:
- active ingredient: piracetam - 0.33 g;
- Auxiliary components: sodium saccharin, glycerol, propylhydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, caramel flavor, apricot flavor, sodium acetate, glacial acetic acid, water.
The preparation Nootropil belongs to the group of nootropic drugs.
Under the influence of this tool, the work of the central nervous system improves, the mood returns to normal, the concentration of attention, performance and desire for learning increase. Patients who are genetically predisposed to ischemic strokes showed a significant improvement in their condition, and examination showed a decrease in brain foci suffering from lack of oxygen and nutrients.
The drug does not have a sedative effect, does not cause addiction with prolonged use and the development of the syndrome cancellation with an abrupt cessation of therapy.
Indications for use
The drug is widely used in psychiatry, neurology and substance abuse. Let us consider in more detail what are the indications for use of the drug "Nootropil".
In neurological practice, it is advisable to use the drug for:
- cerebrovascular insufficiency (severe dizziness, headaches, impaired attention, memory, speech);
- vascular pathologies of the brain;
- comatose, subcomatous conditions;
- pathologies of the nervous system that violate the emotional-volitional sphere (Alzheimer's disease);
- reduction of intellectual-mnestic activity;
- intoxication, brain injury;
- residual symptoms of impaired blood circulation of the brain according to ischemic type.
In addiction medicine is used to:
- treatment of chronic alcoholism;
- relief of morphine withdrawal syndrome;
- relief of withdrawal syndrome;
- disposal of acute poisoning with phenamine, ethanol, barbiturates, morphine.
In psychiatry, the drug is prescribed for:
- intolerance to neuroleptics, antipsychotic drugs (to eliminate neurological, mental, somatovegetative complications);
- asthenodepressive syndromes;
- sluggish apathetic defective conditions (schizophrenia, psychoorganic syndrome);
- depressive conditions (which are resistant to antidepressants);
- nephrotic syndromes;
- cortical forms of myoclonus.
The medicine is used in pediatrics. The drug is prescribed in the following conditions:
- Cerebral palsy;
- effects of perinatal damage to brain structures;
- heavy learning process;
- mental retardation.
The drug "Nootropil" is prohibited for use in such conditions:
- hemorrhagic stroke;
- severe renal system pathology;
- intolerance to piracetam.
In the following cases, only a doctor, assessing the possible risks, can prescribe this medicine:
- severe bleeding;
- extensive surgery;
- pathology of hemostasis;
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Nootropil in the form of oral solution, tablets and capsules are taken orally, on an empty stomach or during meals, drinking plenty of liquid.
- Dizziness and imbalance associated with it: 2.4-4.8 g per day divided into 2-3 doses;
- Psychoorganic syndrome (symptomatic therapy): 2.4-4.8 g per day divided into 2-3 doses;
- Dyslexia (as part of complex therapy): daily dose for children over 8 years old - 3.2 g divided into 2 doses.
- Prevention of sickle-cell vaso-occlusive crisis: daily dose - at the rate of 0.16 g per 1 kg of patient's body weight, divided into 4 doses in equal shares;
- Cortical myoclonia: the initial daily dose is 7.2 g; every 3-4 days it is increased by 4.8 g to achieve a maximum daily dose of 24 g, which is divided into 2-3 doses. Treatment should continue throughout the period of the disease, attempting to reduce the dose or cancel Nootropil every 180 days. The dose should be reduced by a gradual (1 every 2 days) reduction of the daily dose by 1.2 g;
In the absence of renal failure in elderly patients, dose adjustment is not required.
In case of impaired renal function, the dose is adjusted based on the KK indicator.
In violation of the liver, Nootropil dose adjustment is not performed.
There are the following side effects during treatment: vomiting, nausea, concentration disorders, imbalance, motor disinhibition, mental agitation, gastralgia, sleep disorders, anxiety, appetite disorders, stool disorders, increased sexual activity, convulsions, extrapyramidal disorders, headache, dizziness, tremor of limbs.
When diagnosed with angina, a worsening course of the disease is noted. Most often, side effects are recorded when the recommended dose of 5 g per day is exceeded.
When using the drug in large doses, the patient gradually develops signs of overdose, which manifest themselves in the form of an increase in the side effects described above, as well as severe dyspeptic symptoms.
When taking a large number of Nootropil tablets inside the patient should induce vomiting as soon as possible, flush the stomach and introduce activated charcoal or other enterosorbents inside. If necessary, symptomatic therapy is carried out, there is no antidote drug. Hemodialysis can be performed, but its effectiveness will be approximately 50%.
It should be remembered that taking Nootropil can cause side effects. Therefore, when driving a car and controlling mechanisms, care must be taken.
This drug is prescribed with extreme caution to people with impaired hemostasis, if necessary, surgical intervention, and patients with bleeding. These restrictions are associated with the influence of the active substance, that is, piracetam, on platelet aggregation.
Patients with cortical myoclonus should not abruptly stop taking the medication, as this may trigger new seizures.
In elderly patients with long-term use of the drug, it is important to monitor indicators of renal function. In the event of a deviation from the norm, the dosage is adjusted.
Nootropil reduces the risk of extrapyramidal disorders with simultaneous therapy with neuroleptics. Description of the drug Nootropil indicates its ability to increase the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants, antipsychotic drugs, psychostimulant drugs and thyroid hormones.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Nootropil:
- Sergei. A year ago, he had a concussion during a game of football. In the local clinic, the doctor prescribed “Nootropil” along with other medications. I took them strictly according to the instructions. After about a week, I started to feel better, my headaches began to disappear. Side effects from drugs was not observed. Now everything is in order, I have not noticed any violations and deviations. All this thanks to a good doctor and the implementation of all instructions during treatment on my part.
- Svetlana Very good drug. Saw before exams, passed perfectly. And whether artificial memory is memory or not, the main result is: the exam passed without nerves and problems. This is not permanent, but in exceptional cases.
- Alexey. After a serious accident, my head started to hurt and feel sick. The doctor prescribed nootropil and nicotinic acid. The treatment quickly helped already in the first days of the course, the state of health became normal and the pain stopped. When after a couple of years I had to repeat the course, I bought piracetam instead of a nootropil, a domestic drug that is more than ten times cheaper. The effect was one-on-one; I did not feel the difference between the drugs - no side effects, nothing.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- We feast;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at temperature: solution for intravenous injection and intramuscular injection - up to 30 ° C; tablets, capsules, oral solution - up to 25 ° C, protected from moisture.
Expiration date: solution for in / in and in / m introduction - 5 years; tablets, capsules, oral solution - 4 years.