Microorganisms that cause sore throat are very diverse. Here and bacteria, and fungi, and viruses, and in each case should be prescribed a separate most appropriate medicine. Antibiotics are used for the bacterial nature of the disease, and antifungal agents for fungal infections.
In some forms of viral angina, antiviral agents (acyclovir) are prescribed, as well as immunomodulators and inducers of interferon synthesis. However, the effectiveness of the latter is in question.
Simultaneously with the systemic use of appropriate drugs, local treatment methods are also used. However, regardless of the type of tonsillitis, gargling in case of sore throat will always be a useful and necessary way of dealing with the ailment at home.
Nevertheless, remember that gargling is not able to completely cure from a sore throat. Based on the fact that a sore throat is an infectious disease, the help of a doctor who will prescribe antibiotics is needed. At home, gargling is only aimed at reducing pain and reducing the inflammation of the tonsils.
How to gargle properly?To make the procedure effective, follow these rules:
- Gargling is only necessary with a warm solution.
- To carry out this procedure at least 2 times a day (each rinsing procedure should be carried out for about 3-5 minutes).
- When rinsing, it is best to tilt the head back a little, but so that the solution does not flow into the nasal cavity (there was not enough to bring the infection there). When rinsing, it is necessary to pronounce the letter "s" constantly, as this contributes to lowering the root of the tongue and to better washing the problem areas with a solution.
- Gargling should be used throughout the course of the disease.
- Never swallow the rinse solution!
- Do not drink or eat anything after the procedure for half an hour, because the effect of the medicine occurs not only during the rinsing, but also after it.
It is important to remember that bacteria can adapt to environmental changes, and therefore be resistant to the means by which they are destroyed. In order to have proper effectiveness of rinsing, the sessions can be alternated - rinse once with drugs, and a second time with non-drugs. This sequence will be useful to the throat itself, which will not be unduly exposed to potent drugs.
Than you can gargle with angina: folk remedies
At home, available folk remedies can be used for gargling. Consider popular recipes, the better to gargle at home:
- A solution of salt, iodine and soda. Pour warm boiled water into a glass, put 5 drops of iodine in it, add one teaspoonful of soda and salt. Mix thoroughly and rinse the throat with a solution as often as possible.
- Soda and water. This is a traditional rinse recipe. In a glass of warm liquid dissolve a teaspoon of soda. The more rinsing the better.
- Beet Juice. This tool is easy to prepare and use. The main action of beet juice is anti-inflammatory. Thanks to gargling with this solution, it is possible to quickly and effectively eliminate pain and swelling. Vinegar is also added to the juice of fresh beets: about 20 ml of vinegar per 200 ml of juice. The procedure must be repeated every 30 minutes.
- Rinse herbal tea. If there are no allergic reactions to herbs, then you can make an infusion of eucalyptus, calendula and chamomile, another option is wormwood, calendula, plantain, another option is sage, mallow flowers and elderberry. To do this, one tablespoon of one of the charges brewed with a glass of boiling water, cooled, filtered and rinsed throat. You can rinse with pure chamomile extract.
- Apple vinegar. Dissolve 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Gargle every hour. Instead of a solution of vinegar, you can take the infusion of tea fungus.
- Propolis. 10% alcohol solution of propolis - 2 tsp. add in 100 g of warm water. Gargle 5 times a day, add a solution of propolis (a few drops) to tea.
- Lemon juice. It is mixed with water. It is best to observe a 2: 3 ratio. It eliminates pain and reduces inflammation. Lemon is a natural antiseptic. Throat gargle as often as possible.
- Linden. The plant is famous for its anti-inflammatory qualities. When angina make decoction of linden flowers. Pour a spoonful of raw material with boiling water. Wash your throat with warm broth.
These folk remedies can be used to rinse as with purulent quinsy, there and in milder forms of the disease to alleviate the symptoms, as well as relieve sore throat.
Gargling with effective drugs
The alternation of drugs and tinctures is better than just gargling with sore throat with only chamomile or peroxide. The most affordable drugs for use:
- Furacilin. To prepare the solution, take 0.2 g of furatsilin and 100 ml of boiled hot water. Furacilin better pre-crushed so that it dissolves better. This can be done directly in the package, if you knock on it with something heavy. Then pouring furatsilin into a glass, fill it with boiling water and stir until it dissolves. Cool the resulting solution to 20 ° C and can start gargling.
- Dioxidine. Used in the most severe cases of infection, when soda solution for gargling or herbal infusions do not help. Ampoule (1%) is dissolved in a glass of water, rinsing is carried out with a course of up to 5 days. It is recommended to apply three times a day.
- Chlorophyllipt. You can buy a ready-made solution, and you can buy a drug to dissolve in water. This tool is effective as a disinfectant and anti-inflammatory drug, made on the basis of natural ingredients.
- Oki. Complete with medication for sale measuring cup. Fill it up to half with warm water (hot and cold is strictly prohibited), add a solution using a spray bottle on the bottle. Rinse at least half a minute to two times a day.
- Miramistin. It is considered a fairly effective drug for providing a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on the sore throat. It can be purchased in the form of a solution or spray.
Remember that in no case can gargle with angina instead of taking systemic antibiotics. Gargles can only be used in addition to the main treatment for the disease. At the same time gargling with different means allows to solve different problems in case of quinsy.
Despite the safety of using gargles, some components can be harmful to health. That is why it is recommended to observe the following contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the constituent substances;
- allergic reaction to medicinal rinse solutions;
- the inability of some people to properly gargle can only aggravate the situation.