Angina is an infectious disease that is usually accompanied by inflammation of the tonsils. The causative agents of this disease are considered staphylococci or streptococci. Since a sore throat is a contagious disease, it is not difficult to catch it when it comes into contact with an unhealthy person.
Does a sore throat happen without fever? Of course, such a sore throat happens and quite often occurs in adults. Most often, this angina is called catarrhal. The duration of this form of the disease usually ranges from 2 to 4 days.
After that, if timely treatment was carried out, the symptoms go away. In case of late treatment, this type of sore throat can turn into a more serious one, with fever and other symptoms (see photo).
Can there be a sore throat without a temperature?
First of all, the cause of the disease is a special causative agent of the disease, which, in the case of catarrhal angina, most often is a bacterium staphylococcus. As a rule, angina in adults can occur without temperature in the following cases:
- Reducing the body's defenses - in this case, most likely, the person will be ill for a very long time, and, moreover, he has an increased risk of all sorts of complications.
- The ingestion of a relatively small number of viruses - most often this happens when a so-called catarrhal tonsillitis occurs, which is characterized by superficial lesion of the tonsils.
The categories of persons exposed to such a clinical picture, as a rule, have reduced immunity due to various reasons:
- Pregnant women due to hormonal adjustment.
- Elderly people.
- The absence of fever in sore throat is associated with immunodeficiency in patients with HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, cancer, malignant processes in the body.
In general, a sore throat without fever is easily mistaken for a common cold. In most cases, this is exactly what happens, but such a mistake is dangerous. Even the lightest of angina, catarrhal, needs competent treatment. Otherwise, the disease may take a more severe or chronic form, as well as give a lot of serious complications.
So, to summarize: is there a sore throat without temperature? Yes, sometimes. It proceeds in a milder form, but can pass into a purulent stage and give complications.
Symptoms of tonsillitis without fever
So the main group of symptoms includes:
- lack of temperature or a slight increase;
- the appearance of chills, general weakness of the body;
- constant drowsiness and general malaise;
- persistent headache, difficult to treat;
- pain in the limbs and muscles;
- sore throat;
- constant dry mouth, tickling.
In addition to these symptoms of angina without temperature, there are also local, which are characterized by:
- swelling and enlargement of the posterior pharynx, including the tonsils;
- the acquisition of the amygdala red hue, the same applies to the pharynx;
- presence of turbid mucus on the mucous membrane of the throat;
- swollen lymph nodes.
Usually, the symptoms of a sore throat without temperature are in most cases less pronounced than with the usual acute sore throat (see photo). Sore throat can be mild or moderate, rarely - severe, sometimes there are headaches. In most patients, even in the absence of temperature, weakness, lethargy, and drowsiness are noted. However, some patients only complain of sore throat, and other symptoms are very mild.
Treatment of angina without temperature
In the event of a sore throat without a temperature, the treatment of the patient includes the same directions as with ordinary sore throat. An important condition is still the requirement of adherence to strict treatment and all prescriptions of the attending physician. Recommendations to ensure the correct treatment of angina without temperature fluctuations include:
- Taking antibiotics is an integral part of the process of treating ailment. Without antibacterial drugs, it is impossible to cope with disease-causing organisms. Medicines must be prescribed by a specialist, as a rule, these are drugs of the penicillin group (Amoxicillin).
- A person must comply with bed rest. If this is not possible - you should protect others from infection using a medical mask.
- The patient should have separate dishes and personal hygiene items.
- You need to eat easily digestible food rich in vitamins, to increase the consumption of fermented milk products. It is recommended to drink more liquid, including broth hips, tea with raspberry jam, honey, lemon.
Treatment of symptoms that cause discomfort to the patient:
- With a sore throat, it is recommended to take drugs with analgesic properties (this is necessary in order to alleviate pain when swallowing). Strepsils, Falimint, Faringosept, Mentos.
- Rinsing (if the pain is too strong, it is recommended to use rinsing every 30 minutes. With moderate pain, you should gargle every 3 hours).
- If necessary, the use of drugs with analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects (acetaminophen, paracetamol, ibuprofen).
Remember that you cannot stop treatment with antibiotics on your own, even if it seems to you that you have recovered, otherwise the pathogen adapts to the antibiotic and, when you get sick the next time, it will not help. In addition, not treated quinsy is dangerous for its complications, such as chronic tonsillitis, rheumatism, myocarditis, glomerulonephritis.
How to gargle?
The rinse procedure should be repeated as often as possible: at the beginning of the disease, it should be repeated every 2 hours, and after - 3-4 times a day. As a solution for gargling, decoctions of such herbs are excellent:
- Prepare a decoction of hypericum, oak bark, chamomile, sage or eucalyptus. Strain, cool and use for gargling.
- Dilute in a glass of warm water and 1 teaspoon of salt and baking soda, add a couple of drops of iodine. Stir and rinse the throat with the obtained "sea" water.
- Dilute in a glass of water 35 drops of propolis alcohol tincture. Use for gargling.
- Carrot juice with a regular rinse has a softening effect on the sore throat.
- Gargling can also be a solution Furatsilina.
Also, do not forget about inhalation - it is a good method of therapy. They can be prepared on the basis of dried fruits of thyme, raspberry or eucalyptus oil. Compress of alcohol, which was mixed with water in the proportion of 50:50, is also used for treatment. It is placed for 3 hours on the throat several times a day, but a compress cannot be left for the night.