Candidiasis (thrush) is an infectious-inflammatory and quite common disease caused by conditionally pathogenic microorganisms - yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida.
Candles against thrush occupy one of the leading places in the treatment of thrush in women. Taking into account the fact that treatment should combine both local therapy (ointments, suppositories), as well as systemic use of antifungal drugs - it is important to determine which forms of drugs are more effective, and at the same time cheaper.
The best candles from thrush
The list of names of candles from thrush is quite wide, but among them you should pay attention to the best drugs according to reviews:
- Pimafucin - especially often prescribed for pregnant women, because the tool is harmless and does not give side effects.
- Livarol - this drug is most often prescribed to the patient for whom thrush appears for the first time.
- Klion-D - quickly relieves the symptoms of thrush, but during treatment you can not drink alcohol.
- Nistanin - very effective and inexpensive candles, copes with the problem, when the patient is diagnosed with chronic thrush, which sometimes recurs.
- Ginesol - is more anti-relapse and prophylactic.
- Gyno-Travogen Ovulum is effective against both fungi and mixed infections, and this medicine is easily tolerated by patients.
- Makmiror - has a wide range of actions, but for the time of treatment you need to stop sex life.
As can be seen, the candles differ in the period of use and the time of exposure, the therapeutic range and the presence in their composition of various active substances. The main active ingredients of thrush are: clotrimazole, isoconazole, natamycin and nystatin.
Pros and cons of using candles
- They act directly only with the introduction, that is, they cannot be applied externally;
- Candles for candidiasis cannot be used to treat thrush as part of monotherapy - you always need a complex combination with other drugs - tablets and creams;
- It is necessary to strictly follow the treatment regimen to achieve a positive and desirable result.
- With the introduction of the drug in place of active reproduction of fungi, the effect of local treatment appears much faster, especially when using modern effective drugs such as Livarol or Zalain.
- Since systemic absorption in local drugs is low, the incidence of side effects is significantly reduced, in contrast to oral therapy.
- Modern antifungal agents can be used once.
Choosing candles from thrush: cheap and effective
What candles from thrush better? There is one answer to this question - these are the drugs to which the Candida fungus is sensitive according to the result of bacterial inoculation and the determination of resistance, resistance or sensitivity of the pathogen to a specific drug.
Since chronic, often recurrent thrush in women, treatment may not be effective due to the development of drug resistance in fungal agents.
So, what kind of candles can I buy at the pharmacy? Here is the full list of titles:
- Gyno-Travogen Ovulum.
Below we take a closer look at inexpensive, but at the same time effective candles that cope with thrush in women. Also leave your feedback in the comments to choose the best drug together.
Effective against fungi, but not at all active against viruses and bacteria. Fungi from the genus Candida very rarely produce resistance to this drug, so Nystatin is the drug of choice for those patients in whom thrush has entered the chronic phase, because of the resistance of the fungi to the drug.
Side effects almost does not give. However, prolonged use of the drug can lead to the suppression of the activity of healthy microflora. In this case, after treatment for thrush, you will have to be treated for dysbiosis. Price 50 rubles.
Candles for thrush pimafutsin
Pimafucin is an affordable and effective drug that has a pronounced antifungal effect and is the most active against pathogens of thrush - microscopic fungi of the genus Candida. The active component of suppositories is macrolide antibiotic natamycin. The mechanism of action of this substance is based on blocking the synthesis of sterols that make up the cell membranes of a fungus.
In the treatment of vaginal candidiasis, suppositories are injected into the genital tract once a day. The average duration of the therapeutic course may vary within 3-6 days. Pimafucin is approved for use by nursing mothers and pregnant women: contraindications to the use of candles are the intolerance of the components of the drug and the menstrual period. Price 500 rub.
This tool is recommended for exacerbation of candidiasis, suitable for use during menstruation. Betadine is an antiseptic drug widely used to treat vaginal infections in obstetrics and gynecology. Povidone-iodine in its composition has a powerful antimycotic effect. Price 390 rubles.
The active ingredient in the composition of Livarola is ketoconazole. This drug, in addition to the antifungal effect, is active against some types of staphylococci and streptococci. It is effective when a bacterial infection is mixed with candida.
When using candles Livarol possible the following side effects: redness of the vaginal mucosa, itching and burning, allergic reaction in the form of a rash, nausea. Livarol is suitable for those patients in whom thrush appeared for the first time. It is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy, in the second and third it is used only on doctor's prescription, in rare cases. Price 480 rub.
Suppositories are effective not only in the fight against candidiasis, but also for other vaginal infections. However, these candles should be used with extreme caution, as they have many side effects. It is possible to use means no more than 5 days, use by pregnant women is inadmissible. Price 400 rubles.
The combined drug, a powerful antibiotic based on nystatin and neomycin.
Candles Poliginax, like Terzhinan, is a very effective remedy in the fight against thrush, but they are not widely used because they cause disruption of the natural microflora of the vagina, and also have a significant list of contraindications and side effects. Price 370 rubles.
Thrush Maternity Candles
None of the drugs should be toxic during pregnancy, as this will affect the development of the fetus, so if itching and white discharge occurs, the doctor can prescribe the future mother of pimafucine suppository or a drug called Terzhinan.
These medicines are used and during breastfeeding, they are safe, do not cause allergies and dysbiosis.
Treatment by any of the above names of drugs can only be prescribed by a specialist, even if they have no contraindications or marked side effects.